Contact the Tioga Co Sheriff's Criminal Investigations Dept. 607.687.1010 if you can identify this man & woman. They used a fraudulent $100 bill at the Mirabito in Richford.
- Criminal Investigations
- E911 Communications
- Road Patrol
Phone: (607) 687-8470 x 6191
The issuing authority for Pistol Permits is Tioga County Superior Court Judge, Honorable Gerald Keene. All administrative and investigative duties are performed and managed by Sheriff's Office staff.
To Obtain a Pistol Permit:
• An applicant must be a resident or own land in Tioga County. Non-NYS residents may also qualify if they are primarily employed, or own and operate a business within Tioga County.
• Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of application unless honorably discharged from a branch of the U.S. Military.
• Must be of good moral character.
• Must not have any felony or serious offense convictions.
• Must not have suffered from a mental illness or have been confined in an institution for a mental illness.
Applying for a Pistol Permit:
You may obtain an application packet from the Pistol Permit window Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (excluding holidays).
New York State Gun Laws (SAFE Act of 2013):
The New York Secure Ammunition & Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013 (NY SAFE ACT), has been signed into law and is in effect. The SAFE Act enacts new provisions relating to Mental Health Alerts; Assault Weapons Ban; Regulations on Ammunition; Re-certification of Assault Weapons and Handguns; Universal Background Checks; Tougher penalties for illegal gun use; Safe storage; Keeping guns out of Schools; Protecting families; Webster provision and; Extending and strengthening Kendra's Law.
There are many remaining questions concerning the SAFE Act, and the public is encouraged to become familiar with provisions relating to gun ownership.